“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much (Helen Keller).”
Join the team!
We’re looking for volunteers to join our Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme (ACVVS). The scheme helps break down social isolation and loneliness by connecting our volunteers with older people whose quality of life would be improved by positive engagement and companionship.
What do volunteer visitors do?
As an ACCVS volunteer, you’ll visit a client in their home, or in an aged care facility and take part in activities with them like:
- Having a cuppa and a chat
- Listening to music
- Playing card games
- Going for walks
- Video or telephone catch-ups
- Letter writing
For just one hour a week, you can brighten the day of an older person who may be socially isolated or lonely.
What are the requirements for becoming an ACVVS Volunteer?
- Are you a ‘People Person’ who loves a chat?
- Can you spare one hour a week for visits?
- Are you reliable and committed?
- Are you fully vaccinated?
- Are you willing to complete a national police check?
- Do you want to make a positive difference in someone’s life?
As a volunteer, you’ll be provided with induction and ongoing training, support and professional development opportunities.
Get started as a volunteer
Contact our team for further information on 08 9479 7566, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete this Expression of Interest form to start the process. We look forward to meeting you, soon.