The health and wellbeing of older people is of utmost importance to us.
We are modifying our practices in line with Federal and State Government recommendations – which are being updated regularly. This includes social distancing and working remotely when necessary.
Advocare staff have returned to working in the office and continue to support you and provide information, advocacy and referral.
We continue to provide free and confidential advocacy services to clients across WA over the phone on 9479 7566 / 1800 655 566 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday, and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WA Elder Abuse Helpline 1300 724 679 remains operational between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Information on COVID-19
For information on COVID-19, please refer to the following resources:
- Read the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Stay up-to-date with the latest updates in Western Australia via the WA Health Department website
- Find out more about the current lockdown in the Perth Metro, Peel and South West regions of WA
- Learn where the COVID clinics are around WA, as well as who should attend
- Refer to the WA Government’s latest information for visitors to residential aged care facilities in WA
- Keep up-to-date with the latest health alert information for the health and aged care sector
- The Department of Health has prepared an information sheet for older Australians, their family and friends about how to protect older Australians from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Here is an easy to read fact sheet about COVID-19
- HealthyWA has provided a dedicated page for health-related resources for Aboriginal people here
- Check out Coronavirus information in your language – news and information about coronavirus (COVID-19) available in 63 languages.
*Page updated 16 February 2021