Did you know Advocare delivers free education sessions to older people, their representatives and the wider community, including health and aged care provider professionals?
These education sessions are funded by the government to spread the word about:
- The rights of older people in receiving Commonwealth-funded aged services
- The purpose and benefits of free, confidential and professional advocacy services
- How to recognise, respond to and prevent Elder Abuse.
Our aim is to make the older person (and their representatives) more confident in knowing the importance of how an older person’s human rights affect the delivery and quality of the aged care services they’re receiving now – and into the future.
At Advocare we know our rights don’t diminish with age.
(Pictured: Advocate, Shirley delivering a session to Meath Care residents recently. Image thanks to Meath Care)
During an onsite presentation we’ll provide information on a variety of topics like:
- An explanation of the aged care system
- What an Advocate does and how advocacy works
- Aged Care Rights and Standards
- Overview of aged care costs
- How to provide feedback or raise your concerns
- Understanding elder abuse – what it is, how to recognise it, and how to take steps to prevent it.
- Information on accessing our Volunteer Visitors Scheme.
Our experienced advocates are well-informed and up-to-date with all things aged care including changes to legislation and upcoming reforms.
Call us to book a valuable education session on 08 9479 7566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org