Do you have Guardianship concerns?

Main Content

The Public Guardianship system has been in the news recently following ABC TV’s ‘Four Corners’ program broadcast on Monday 14 March.

If you’re a current Public Trustee client under an administration order, or are a concerned family member/support person you can:

• Firstly, visit the Department of Justice website direct for further information
• If you’re not satisfied with the Public Trustee’s handling of your concerns, take the complaint to the Ombudsman of Western Australia.
• You can also apply directly to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) at any time to have an administration order reviewed or revoked – you don’t need a lawyer – details can be found at Applying to SAT (

These two information sheets from the source may also assist:

Guardianship and Administration System Education Package for Professionals
Freedom versus Protection
Other Resources and Publications: Public Trustee (

Alternatively, if you don’t have access to the internet, you can call us at Advocare on 9479 7566 or free call 1800 655 566.
We’re here to listen and can pass on your concerns to them with your consent.