Working at Advocare, provides the opportunity to contribute to making a real difference in our community as we champion human rights.
Our vision is: Power, respect and informed choice for older people.
You will join a group of people who support and respect older community members and who always seek to raise public awareness and gain an understanding of older peoples’ rights, as we encourage and empower communities where everyone is heard and valued.
Advocare employees enjoy:
- 2 wellness days per year (conditions apply)
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Support for training and study leave
- Opportunity to travel and deliver services across WA
- A proactive work environment where organisational values are embraced and demonstrated
SCHADS Level 5 ($78,914 – $82,487)
Full time (maximum term contract until 30 June 2020)
Victoria Park location
Are you passionate about Social Justice and making a real difference?
Advocare is a unique not for profit organisation that is committed to a community where the rights of people are supported and respected. We have been supporting older West Australian’s for over 20 years and are the proud WA partner of the national Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN).
This exciting and rewarding role reports to the Advocate Team Leader and is part of a small, vibrant team. Advocates provide advocacy and information to older people and also engage with aged and community care staff, professionals in the health sector and community groups to raise awareness of the rights of older people and the issue of abuse.
Advocare are seeking: –
- A confident and enthusiastic person who has skills in advocacy
- Demonstrated understanding of the aged and community care sector, including special needs groups
- Ability to work well within a small team with minimal supervision
- Strong computer literacy, able to use outlook, word and power point and client data management system
- Confident public speaking skills to deliver group education sessions
- A current C class driving licence and ability to travel periodically
- A current Police Clearance
We offer rewarding work in a supportive environment, close to public transport with free staff parking. Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum and access to an Employee Assistance Program for employees and immediate family.
Please apply via Seek. Applications should include a resume and brief covering letter which addresses the dot points (selection criteria) above.
Applications close COB 4 March 2020