The health and wellbeing of older people is of utmost importance to us.
We are modifying our practices in line with Federal and State Government recommendations – which are being updated regularly. This includes social distancing and working remotely.
From 24 March all Advocare staff will be working from home, but we are still here to support you and provide information.
Our phones and emails are still working.
We will continue to provide free and confidential advocacy services to clients across WA over the phone on 9479 7566 / 1800 655 566 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday, and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WA Elder Abuse Helpline 1300 724 679 will also remain operational between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Information on COVID-19
For information on COVID-19, please refer to the following resources:
- Read the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Stay up-to-date with the latest updates in Western Australia via the WA Health Department website
- Learn where the COVID clinics are around WA, as well as who should attend
- Refer to the World Health Organisation COVID 19 pandemic announcement
- Keep up-to-date with the latest health alert information for the health and aged care sector
- Read the ‘What you need to know’ Fact Sheet to understand more about COVID-19. This Fact Sheet is also available in Chinese, Farsi, and Korean
- The Department of Health has prepared an information sheet for older Australians, their family and friends about how to protect older Australians from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- HealthyWA has provided a dedicated page for health-related resources for Aboriginal people here
- Check out Coronavirus information in your language – news and information about coronavirus (COVID-19) is available below in 63 languages.
*Page updated 30 March 2020